Penny Prior has been involved with the healing arts and facilitating Lomi trainings for over 30 years. She specializes in Hawaiian Bodywork (Lomi) that was introduced to her by the Hawaiian master teacher Kahu Abraham Kawai’i in 1987. She studied with Kahu for a number of years and learned a new way of life that inspired her to move permanently to Hawai’i in 1990. She began teaching on her own and also continued to study the Hawaiian culture.
In 1992, Penny met the Hawaiian cultural and hula master Kumu Hula Roselle Keli’ihonipua Bailey and joined her hula halau (school). She is still actively involved today in dancing with the halau and continuing to learn. She loves to sing and play ukulele.
Penny’s background also includes:
- Completion of instructor training in Kundalini Yoga.
- 8 years of training and practice in Marshall Rosenberg’s Non Violent Communication.
- Awareness training in an outdoor wilderness school.
- Training and practice in bodyoriented psychotherapy and trauma work.
- 5 years training as a martial artist.
- lifetime training in dance.
Penny does private lomi sessions and private trainings in Kaua’i and she joins to co-teach with Andrea Kandler to do advanced trainings in both Europe and Hawai’i.
On Kaua’i, Penny can be reached at 808-822-0919 or email@example.com